10 Low Cost Ways to Promote Your Small Business
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic a lot of businesses have experienced a setback in their economic standing, and one of the first things to be forgotten in order to maintain customers is marketing. That’s why we have created a list of simple ways to market your business for little to no money!
Collaborate with Other Businesses in Your Area
- One way to create more awareness of your company locally is to collaborate with other nearby businesses you don’t compete with. Say for instance you own a bakery and there is a local clothes boutique that you are familiar with. You could come to an agreement to allow some advertisement for each other’s company in your storefront. This could be flyers, brochures, business cards or even small promotional items such as pens!
Build up Presence on Social Media where your Audience is Focused at
- Another way to promote your business is to focus your online efforts on the platform that you have seen the most involvement. Engagement with posts is a crucial metric for online marketing and cultivating the audience on your most active account is the best way to promote your business online. By getting rid of the accounts that you see are not as successful you are lessening your own load as a marketer and also creating a more concise image.
Focus on Organic Content
- Marketing is sometimes a daunting task. So, one way to create material is to use organic content. Taking a quick picture of a burger that is your restaurants daily special, or a picture of the house whose roof you’ve just replaced is great to display your company online! It is very important though that the organic content you create is high quality. The pictures much be high resolution and in focus in order to present the best image of your business.
Ask for Referrals from Current Customers
- People trust their peers over all forms of marketing. So, to capitalize on this you should ask your current customers to recommend you to those they know! You could also create a reward program for referrals. Those who refer others to your business get a special coupon for their next purchase or a free promotional item.
Ask for Google Reviews Online
- Even when people aren’t familiar with others, they still trust them more than branded content. So, asking them to write an online review for your company is a great way to gain more trust from potential customers. Studies show that online reviews can make or break a business since 97% of people read them! The more good reviews you have the better your chances are of attracting new customers.
Have a Giveaway for a Product or Service
- Another way to promote your company is to offer a giveaway. This giveaway could be something as small and simple as a cup, but giveaways get a ton of engagement online because everyone loves free things! Having an online giveaway and asking customers to tag their friends, repost your content to their stories, or follow you on your social media is a great way to bring awareness to your company for a very small price.
Offer Coupons for Repeat Purchases
- A way to get repeat customers is to offer a coupon for their second purchase from your company. This shows customers how much you value their purchase and encourages them to come back and shop with you again.
Invite Influencers to Experience Your Company
- Going off of the previous examples about people trusting others more than branded content, another way to capitalize off of word-of-mouth marketing is to invite well known locals to come to your company and enjoy some of your product. By showing that someone well known patronizes your establishment you are gaining the interest of all their followers.
Blog about Aspects of Your Job and Company
- Another way to gain a larger presence online is to create a blog. Writing about the intricate aspects of your work as a company owner is sure to gain the attention of those who are interested in your products or services. This is also a way to display your thorough knowledge of the subject of your work and showcased why customers should trust you with their next purchase.
Experiment with Guerrilla Marketing
- A more involved way to market your company for free is to experiment with Guerilla Marketing. Guerilla Marketing is the practice of promoting your company somewhere unexpected to surprise customers. Many times, this type of marketing can be done for free by creating an experience for the customer outside in a popular area. This form of marketing is all about being comical so the sillier and more eye catching your display the better! One example of Guerilla Marketing is the company GoldToe putting a giant pair of their branded underwear on an iconic charging bull statue to promote their new underwear line!
Source: ALT TERRAIN
Looking for a more strategic marketing plan? We would love to help you.