What is Facebook Pixel and What Can It Do for Your Business?
Facebook Pixel: What is it?
If you are familiar with creating Ads on Facebook then you may have come across something called Facebook Pixel. It is described by Facebook as “A piece of code for your website that lets you measure, optimize, and build audiences for your ad campaigns.”
So What Does Facebook’s Pixel Do?
Facebook’s Pixel tracks patrons of your Facebook page to your website and complies a list of the actions they take! Standard actions such as: making purchases, initiating contact, searching your website, or viewing a certain page on your site. It can also be set up to track more in-depth actions such as: which buttons were clicked, and the length the customer scrolled. This information allows Facebook to more effectively market your ads on their website.
What can you do with the Information Facebook’s Pixel Collects?
- Optimize your Ads
- Facebook uses the information obtain through the pixel to better optimize your Ads on its website. This means more effective use of your marketing funds! The pixel allows for better targeting of customers most likely to buy from your company.
- Create Better Audiences
- By using the pixel, you are able to keep track of those potential customers who visited your Facebook page, but might not have made a purchase. The pixel then links those visitors of your site to their personal Facebook account and shows them your business’s Facebook ads! This allows you to stay at the front of mind for those potential customers as they will continue to see ads for your business!
- Find New Customers
- The information the Pixel compiles on your best customers is able to be used to find new customers! By finding people who are similar to your current customers and have similar interests, you are able to create ads just for new audiences through the Facebooks Pixel. So, if your page’s Pixel identifies your best customers as Women between the ages of 45-55 who live in the Upstate of South Carolina, you can then focus your marketing efforts on people who match that description!
- Insight into your Customer’s Actions
- The pixel allows you to see how people progress through your website either to your Facebook or from your Facebook and what Ads draw the most attention to your other online presences. It even allows you to target customers based off of what pages of your website they looked at! Say for instance you sell small gifts, you can target a customer based off of which page of your items they looked at or even if they made it all the way to the Thank You page after purchasing an item.
Should you create a Facebook Pixel for your company?
The Facebook Pixel is a free tool to help you better use Facebook’s marketing abilities. If your company frequently uses Facebook to run ads as part of your marketing strategy, then the Pixel is definitely something to consider adding to your mix! But if your company does not regularly advertise through Facebook than setting up a Pixel will not be very beneficial.
Interested in more ways to market your company to potential customers? Allow us to help!
Smart Marketing Advertising Agency
Coming Soon – Charleston, SC